Personal Web Sites
Students, faculty and staff members are encouraged to obtain a personal web site to publish and communicate their interests and contact information. CCIT provides support servcies for personal web sites, but the owner of the site is responsible for its content, subject to certain rules and regulations noted below.
CREATING A PERSONAL WEB SITE
To start your personal home page:
- If you have not yet done so, activate a Mines MultiPass account using your Ekey. Note that most people create MultiPass, ADIT, and Trailhead accounts immediately upon arrival at Mines. These accounts initially share the same username and password. So, if you don't know your MultiPass, try the same username and password combination you use for ADIT or Triailhead -- it may work. If you do not have an Ekey for some reason, or have difficulty activating your MultiPass account at the link above, help is available in the CCIT Computer Commons (CT156).
- Enter your MultiPass account information into the personal home page creation tool to automatically create a basic personal home page and the associated server account. This is the fastest way to create your new home page. Alternatively, you may instead submit a request for a "personal home page" via the Mines Help Center. CCIT personnel will create a space for you on the Mines web server and send you more information regarding policies and procedures via email.
- To edit your personal web site, review the CCIT personal web site maintenance page.
Creation of a personal web site on the Mines servers and publication of the web pages through the campus network requires adherence to Mines computer usage policies. Please view the Mines Personal Home Page Policy.
For more information about obtaining a personal website, see this CCIT FAQfinder entry.
Outages & Announcements
- [16-May-2013 5:30-7:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [10-May-13 7AM] Mines Blackboard Upgrade
- [6-May-13 7:15AM] Computer System Outages
- [29-Apr-13 3PM] Computer System Outages
- [19-Apr-2013 5:30pm until ~5:30pm 20-Apr-2013] Banner/Trailhead Systems Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk. For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session, dial extension x2345 for fastest service.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies:
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401
Computing Commons Front Desk:
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address:
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.